How do you find a name?

I'm not talking about finding out the name of that cute guy/girl at the other end of the bar, that's easy (just ask your server/bartender to find out for you). I'm talking about the name of a flower, insect, bird or other animal or plant. For example, I have a picture of a flower and have tried to google flowers to find one that looks like this to be able to name it:



This is kind of important to me, because I want to label my photos with what they are rather than yellow/orange flower or flying bird, but unless I join a flower club and bird watching club, I don't know how I can do this.

Any tips? And answering for the above flower would be appreciated :)

Comments

Theia said…
First of all, gorgeous picture. It was in the 30s this morning, so this truly is a burst of sunshine for me today!

It looks like something in the zinnia family to me, but I'm far from the expert.
J~Mom said…
I have a friend that works at Desert Botanical Garden...I will ask her for you.

Popular posts from this blog

Survey - Photos for donation

A Game: Week 2

A Game: Week 1