Love is in the air...

OK, maybe not in the air, but it is definitely somewhere. I know it is. I can smell it. At least I think that is love. Maybe it is just a new fabric softener.

I am scheduling this to publish early on the 14th, so in case you forgot, you still have a chance to get a card before the only thing left are the leftover Christmas cards.

I'll admit it. I am a softie at times. I like to do nice things for my wife "just because". While I do not do them as often as I would like, I sort of resent being told I am required to spend $$ on roses on a specific day when a week before or after that day I could give her twice as many flowers for half as much. And a dinner out the week before Valentine's Day is much more relaxing than bumping elbows with everyone else because the restaurant squeezed another 10 tables to make a few extra bucks.

Will the current financial state curb plans for folks? Will more people have a surprise Valentine's Day a few days early? Will the jewelry gifts be a bit more subdued than during the boom years of dot-com mania?

What do you think? Is Valentines day over marketed? Do some of us need to take a hint and start being more romantic on a more regular (though not predictable) basis? Let me know in the comments or give me a shout over on Twitter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Survey - Photos for donation

A Game: Week 2

A Game: Week 1