Hot Chocolate 15k 2017

Better late than never.

I haven't blogged for a while so while this might be the longest I've waited to post a race report, I guess getting restarted with my blogging makes it better late than never.

This was the 4th year in a row that I've done this race.  There were a few changes to the race this year, the one that I noticed most, was that the first leg of the race was out and back and I seem to remember that part not being out and back.

My running had not been very consistent so I started with the 10:30 mpm pacer and said if I was feeling good I would pick up the pace later in the race.  According to my data we were almost 30 sec fast the first mile, but then settled into about 10:20 miles.

I was feeling pretty good so I started picking up the pace at 8 miles (9:58) and a bit more at 9 (8:42) and managed to pick it up a bit more for the last third of a mile (8:21) feeling pretty good.  I guess my training has been better than I thought and I need to start being more aggressive in my race plans.

This year they had some special rewards for "Legacy Runners" who were doing either their 3rd or 5th Hot Chocolate run in a row so I got extra goodies this year.  An extra medal and pin as well as a special bib identifying me as a 3 year Legacy.  Since this was my 4th year, next year I'll get the 5 year goodies.  Since this is a fun race and 15k is challenging enough for me but short enough that I can manage to work it into my training no matter how it is going.


By The Numbers
Total time 1:33:47
Avg pace 10:03
Overall in the top 33% (2016 top 20%)
2104 top 15% was my best year and 15k PR at 1:22:17

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Survey - Photos for donation

A Game: Week 2

A Game: Week 1