2010 Year in Review

During my run this morning, I was thinking about how much my life has changed over the past year.  In January 2010, I was married, though the marriage was dying and had just finished with probably the worst Christmas season I can ever recall, (with few bright spots).  My fitness had dropped off from my Ironman race in 2008 to a total running mileage for January of barely over 30 miles and I couldn't run for more than a half a mile without taking a walk break.  I only rode my bike once and hadn't been swimming (which I love doing) in several months.

So what will 2011 bring?

By October of last year, my divorce was finalized and I had started running more consistently.  Now, after a good Christmas season I am in my fourth month of steadily improving running (already have almost as many miles by the 9th as I did all of Jan last year). I am registered for a relay race in Feb and planning several other races during the year.  I would like to get a new marathon PR (Personal Record) and break the 4 hour barrier this year.  Las Vegas marathon is in December and is a very fast and flat course. It would not add any new states to my "marathon in every state" quest, but it might be worth it if I manage another goal to get closer to the Boston Qualifying time.

I have spent some time during the last part of 2010 working on getting my financial and physical house in order.  Working on (and living on) a budget is not fun, but is necessary and better than the alternative.  Dr visits are a good thing to catch possible problems before they are serious.  Watching my sodium intake today is better than medication (or worse) later. 


I started dating again late last year and met some nice girls (or ladies or women what IS the right word?) one of whom has started to become pretty special and we have been seeing a lot more of each other.  We are still not sure where this relationship will lead, but we are sure enjoying getting to know each other better. 

So far, 2011 promises to be an exciting and fun-filled year.  Stay tuned.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Survey - Photos for donation

A Game: Week 2

A Game: Week 1